Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas, and To Kenneth. A Birthday Tribute

Though I grew up Jewish, and pretty Orthodox at that, I have celebrated Christmas for many a year. Before I met Keith I would often host a Jewish Christmas at my house, having my Jewish friends over for a fun day in the sun. We had a tradition of buying gifts under a certain amount, that would go in to a bag where we would then randomly pick them, and trade them. Who knew that we were our own Secret Santas! 

But Christmas is special to me for another reason. It's Ken's birthday. And not only that, his mom's name was Mary and his Great grandfathers was Joseph. Ken is Keith's brother, who I recently wrote about in my post Becoming Pfeiffer. And because I recently wrote about him, I thought I would pay tribute to his birthday through photos instead. 

Hanging out in Amsterdam, smiling for the paparazzi while calling for our hash cookies
 

Quietly enjoying each others company in a manly way, without eye contact

Pre scuba-dive (no we did not run out of air, no we did not forget to check the battery in our torches)

Taking flight
Sky-diving and rocky mountain climbing


One of the nicest guys I know, a father, brother, husband, boss and friend.

Mensch (Yiddish: מענטשmentsh, cognate with German: Mensch "human being") means "a person of integrity and honor." According to Leo Rosten, the Yiddish maven and author of The Joys of Yiddish, "mensch" is "someone to admire and emulate, someone of noble character. The key to being 'a real mensch' is nothing less than character, rectitude, dignity, a sense of what is right, responsible, decorous." The term is used as a high compliment, expressing the rarity and value of that individual's qualities.
Happy Birthday Kenneth. 

 42.25

No comments: