Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Christmas wish

About a week ago I posted a story I had seen to my Facebook page about Safyre, who lost her family in a horrible murder. She also lost an arm, a leg, and had most of her body covered in disfiguring burns.  I looked at the photos of Safyre, and all I saw was a cute little girl. And all she wants is Christmas cards. So I asked who was going to join me and send her a card. I know a bunch of people commented that they would, and since have. Today I mailed a bunch of cards to Safyre. So many of my friends said "I'm in". At a restaurant last night I hauled a card out of my bag, turned to the person next to me and said "write something to this little girl who got badly burnt; her name is Safyre". And she did. 

In a world of first problems, sometimes you just need to act out in simple kindness. 

Merry Christmas Safyre, and all the brave souls out there.

42.16

No comments: