Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

To Tracey. A Birthday Tribute.

I remember the first day I met you. I was living in that rented house in Norwood and had a bunch of people over for a braai. Neil brought you along. I think it was love at first sight though initially we were a little weary of each other. I don't quite remember how the friendship blossomed, because it feels like there has never been a time that we weren't friends.


When I try to think of the best memories, my favorite moments, the things I want to write about, my mind floods and I can't stop the slideshow to be able to write about them all. There are a lifetime of them.

In one of my darkest moments, you packed your bags and flew with me to Plett to get away from everything. We snuck in to the Beacon Isle every day and marinated under the sun in tanning oil (much to Carla's dismay). My favorite part was sitting on the roof outside our bedroom after everyone had gone to sleep, smoking, chatting and looking at the sky.
 
I remember lazy Sunday afternoons at your place watching movies, snuggling under blankets and playing with Nala and Simba.

Ah, the days of the Token Date. If I remember correctly this was a work function, I have a memory of us standing outside smoking something other than a cigarette. I may be wrong. Remember that New Years at your house, ice cream and the picture in the bathroom......


Always did love a good SCREW.....

And your laugh.......

Your love......

 Your friendship.........

 Your support......

The quiet moments.......
 And don't forget.....
- (free) burgers at the Multichoice canteen,
- hanging out with your family in Boston, rushing to the train and eating my peanut butter snacks before I even got back to my hotel,
- hucking on the phone for hours,


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL
I love and cherish our friendship and am grateful to know that you are always there



42.51

No comments: