Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Rambling again, wanna write something?

Two people asked me today about my blogging for the next year and whether I think this challenge may become cumbersome. Keith mentioned that he is worried I may lose my love of writing as this becomes more of a chore. I always maintained that I didn't want to write just for the sake of writing which is why there were long periods of silence between posts. I intend to stick to this challenge because I have an end goal. But this means that I will need to be creative, come up with ideas that are interesting and relevant, and sometimes my posts may suck and other times they will be less sucky. The feedback I get is amazing and also interesting. Some of my posts are good, some are long-winded, some are too short. Sometimes I look at the stats to see how many people read my latest post and I am dismayed to see its not as much as the one before. Is my viewership waning? 

We've spent the last few days hanging out with friends, eating and drinking and enjoying each others company. 

Doing the stuff that makes life worth life. 

I am content and still winding down from a long and intense year. For this reason I don't feel the need to write intensely. We are about to take a week off to lie in the sun and recharge. Then I will be ready!

I asked Keith and Christina if they wanted to guest write a post. Both screamed a loud "NO!" The reason......a lack of punctuation ability. I imagine what one of their posts would look like; written as spoken? And is that really so bad? I check my posts to make sure that they make sense, are spelled correctly and somewhat grammatically accurate. People go crazy on social media when they're should be there. Most of the time autocorrect changes things just as you hit the send button anyway. Often I make Keith edit his Facebook rants. I always notice when marketing materials say 'you' instead of 'your'. Who checks these things? I do. But it doesn't mean that you can't take one of my days if you have something to say. 

The offer is extended to you too.

42.35

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you have a "LIKE" button on your blog? Get an icon please, so at least I can read 'you' without commenting, but you'll know if I tick the like box that I've been here :)