Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

First visit to the ER

I got bitten by a dog yesterday. Nothing too serious and it wasn't her fault. We were having coffee in Yorkville and she got a little freaked when her dad went inside and she pulled out of her collar and ran off. I was so worried she would get hurt and ran after her into the traffic which had luckily stopped for a red light. I grabbed her, trying to stop her and she obviously thought I was going to hurt her and bit me. Then she ran off again. She was hiding behind a car when I got to her and a lady stood with her while I fetched her dad. Then I noticed that my hand was bleeding.
So off we went to find a medical centre. The one I ended up at was closed so I took the subway to the nearest hospital and presented myself at the ER. I got signed in and then started the wait. It wasn't too bad, the hospital was clean, people were friendly and nobody asked me if I had insurance or where I was from. They just put me in line to treat me. First I saw a nurse who gave me a tetanus shot and cleaned up my hand. The a doctor who gave me some anti-biotics. Four hours later I was home.
I have a green hospital card from St. Michaels. Im in the system now.

No comments: