Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

14 double vodkas drunk

I was supposed to go to a work dinner tonight. It's a monthly meeting and I actually sit on the executive committee. So much for that. I met a new friend for drinks after work at a local watering hole on Yonge and Bloor and 14 double vodkas later I had missed the monthly CRAC meeting. Come on, it's called CRAC for god's sake (Clinical Research Association of Canada).

I had a great time, we drank copious amounts of alcohol and exhanged stories about our lives and our partners. At this point I must pay my sincere thanks to Rolly G without whom I would not have this new drinking buddy and friend. You see David, I remembered, despite my state of inebriation. And I met Zara, and she barked at me.

On the way home I was fortunate enough to be on the same streetcar as Mr Crazy who was telling a story, and balancing on the balance beam. The driver asked him to please sit down and behave like the rest of the passengers but he needed to balance on his balance beam whilst he was telling his story.

It is for these reasons, that I am so in love with the city that I inhabit.

I got home and devoured the rest of the roast chicken in the fridge. Drunk sms'd a few friends in South Africa and it is now, time, for bed.

G'night

No comments: