Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Painful karma?

I get these attacks. Last night was by far one of the worst. It’s a weird unexplained thing that I have had since childhood; a mixture between a spastic colon and an abdominal migraine but doesn’t fit the symptoms of either. It only happens at night, does not seem to be related to anything specific and basically my entire abdomen goes into a spasm that it feels like I have knives being pushed into and out of me and that I have acid eating me from the inside out. Sounds dramatic but there is no other way to describe the horribly excruciating pain. It lasts for about 4 or 5 hours and then I literally pass out from the pain. I usually take some kind of anti-migraine and/or pain killer which also helps knock me out but doesn’t seem to take the pain away and I usually take it way too late.

I think the attacks started after my dad died but I cant be sure. At the time it was put down to anxiety and stomach ulcers. When I was in matric my doctor decided that my appendix was causing this and promptly removed it. The attacks continued. In the back of my mind Ive often thought of these attacks as karmic. Like something that my body needs to experience and it happens once every three months or so. Sometimes I feel it coming on and either its mild or I take something to stop it but then it comes back the next night even worse.....as if by preventing it my body is getting me back because its something I need to go through.

I know I know, my mind is disturbed! But when its all over I feel quite energised and almost cleansed. Go figure.....

No comments: