Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Intro

When I was younger, my boyfriend at the time and I used to joke with another friend about one day writing a book. We planned on calling it "Other People's Lives". Soon after that other people starting writing about their own lives. I've always been intrigued by blogging but I really didn't think that anyone would be interested in my life and although the intentions were there, I never actually sat down and wrote anything on paper. Last night Jodi and I went to visit our friend Dianne and she showed us her blog. On the way home we spoke about Jodi's journals that she has kept since she was 13. I think that's amazing. I can barely remember what happened last week, never mind 10 years ago (no, Im not 23 anymore...) so imagine being able to read back and reflect on how you thought and acted then. Recently Jodi posted a photo of us at school on Facebook. We are with a bunch of friends in a jacuzzi and neither of us have any idea whose home that jacuzzi belonged to.I'm leaving South Africa soon (with my boyfriend Keith and Dexter, Jessie and Troy, our 3 dogs) to start a new adventure in Canada and this may just be the way that the people whom I love and adore share our experience with us. So this is (hopefully) the start of my journal. Someone may find it interesting, maybe nobody will read it but one day I'd like to read back and remember how I thought and acted then.

No comments: